Unid@s for Oregon
Unifying Leaders for Systems Change in Oregon
Latino Network’s UNID@S leadership development program aims to create a strong, connected, intergenerational network of established Latino leaders from all sectors and regions of Oregon. Through a unified statewide voice and presence in all levels of leadership, UNID@S advances the well being of all Latinos.
In 2010, Latino leaders in the tri-county area gathered and identified a gap in “Latino leadership cohesion, collaboration, trust-building and strategic coordination”. Honoring the voices of these leaders, UNID@S was created as part of the Coalition of Communities of Color Leadership Development Programs.
UNID@S builds trust and collaboration among leaders and lays the foundation for lasting systems change in the state. Sessions address:
- Systems of oppression and racism
- Intercultural and intergenerational communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Community building
- Shared leadership
- Political acumen and the ability to influence civic institutions
Each UNID@S cohort is comprised of approximately 20 Latino leaders from across the state who commit to one year of leadership development. Starting with a kick-off reception in the fall and continuing through bi-monthly sessions, the cohort learns and grows together. Selected participants are required to attend each program session. Following completion of the program, participants will become a part of the UNID@S alumni family and gain access to a strong peer network along with new alumni engagement and leadership opportunities.
Cohort Selection Criteria
The UNID@S program embraces the strength in our diversity as a Latino community. We aim to bring together a diverse and intergenerational group of Latino leaders from different regions across Oregon. To that end, we consider the geographic, gender, racial and sector diversity of the group as a whole. The ideal participant will have a track record of leadership and have a strong interest in sharing, learning and building mutual alliances to advance the wellbeing of our community in Oregon.
Calendar of events
Nominations & Selection
- June/July: Nominations accepted
- July/August: Nominations reviewed by Staff and Alumni Members
- August: Cohort is selected and notified
- October: Orientation Kick-off | Friday, October 5
- October: Session 1 | Retreat at Cannon Beach | Tuesday, October 23 thru Friday, October 26
- December: Holiday Open House | Friday, December 7
- January: Session 2 | Latino Community Engagement | Friday, January 11 & Saturday, January 12
- March: Session 3 | Bridges Across Communities of Color | Friday, March 8 & Saturday, March 9
- April: Session 4 | Leading with Our Stories | Friday, April 12 & Saturday, April 13 (tentative)
- May: Session 5 | Political Orientation | Friday, May 3 & Saturday, May 4
- June: Graduation – Saturday, June 8
View past Unid@s Leaders
Latino Network thanks Meyer Memorial Trust for their generous funding to start Unid@s and fund the first three cohorts. We also thank the following organizations for their support and funding: Coalition of Communities of Color, Oregon Community Foundation, and The Collins Foundation.
For more information contact Joaquin Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 503-997-2275.