To positively transform the lives of Latino youth, families, and communities.
Latino communities are thriving, engaged, and influential.
Latino Network was founded in 1996 by community leaders who grew concerned about the lack of adequate resources to meet the needs of the growing Latino community. Since that time, we have evolved to become an organization that also encompasses transformational programs aimed at educating and empowering Multnomah County Latinos. Low achievement scores, youth violence and high drop out rates undermine the Latino community’s potential. We address these issues by promoting early literacy, encouraging parent involvement, working with gang-involved and adjudicated youth and families, and providing academic support and activities to high school aged youth. We also build leadership capacity for youth and adults.
We are a Latino-led education organization, grounded in culturally-specific practices and services, that lifts up youth and families to reach their full potential. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self-determination—that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families.
- Self-Determination: The empowerment, leadership development, and active engagement of Latinos in the decisions that affect their lives.
- Social Justice: The organization and integration of Latino communities as a catalyst for equity and social change.
- Culture: The continued connection to our rich histories, languages, and diversity.
- Collaboration: The power of multicultural, multi-generational, and cross-sector partnerships
- Education: The key to advancement for all Latino children and youth
- Accountability: The commitment to excellence and results
Our programs for children and parents, youth and adults help improve community livability, foster civic participation, and prepare for educational and life success.
For more information about any of our programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-283-6881.
To see our last three years of audited financials, click here.