Title: Director of Finance and Operations
COMPENSATION: $72,900 - $91,100 annually FTE, EXEMPT
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Latino Network’s mission is to provide transformative opportunities, services and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families and communities. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self-determination—that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families. We build and manage collaborative and energetic teams to implement high quality, culturally inclusive programs. We actively partner across a variety of city, county, state and community organizations to provide training and support, deliver a wide range of services, and influence policy.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in leading the finance function, managing operations, and guiding the development of a dynamic, growing non-profit. In addition to expertise in finance, s/he will bring broad knowledge of other key functions, including human resources, program operations, development, and administration. The ideal candidate will have strong managerial and leadership skills and thrive in a working environment that is bi-cultural, collaborative, fast-paced, and mission-driven.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations and Finance will be responsible for the internal infrastructure, policies, and systems to achieve program and strategic objectives. As a member of the senior management team, the director will be involved in strategic planning and will lead the development of Latino Network’s annual
budget. S/he will continue to perfect capacity in key areas, including finance and financial reporting, accounting, development, human resources, grants and contracts, program evaluation, information technology, risk management, and physical infrastructure.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance and Accounting
- Provides clear, timely financial information and analysis to the ED, board, and program directors; serves as the primary liaison to the Board Finance Committee
- Develops & manages monthly financial systems & statements; oversees all accounting and payroll activities; continuously improves internal financial controls and efficiencies
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the annual budget process, provides budget support/training for Program Directors
- Manages cash flow, investments and banking relationships; overseas administration of employee payroll and benefit plans
- Provides financial information for new grant submissions; monitors budgetary compliance with grants and contracts; oversees audit
- Leads the definition and execution of internal operational goals to ensure annual objectives are achieved; works with ED to develop and operationalize strategic plans
- Leads continuous improvement of all internal administrative processes, including organizational communications, and policies/procedures; ensures that all activities are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Oversees operation of administrative office facility, including vendor interfaces and contracts
- Oversees and monitors technical systems including data retrieval and records retention; develops IT strategy and ensures effective IT support services
- Monitors risk management processes and policies; manages and oversees annual review and renewal of insurance; manages insurance claims and coordinates claim responses
- Works with ED and directs Development Director on strategic marketing and communications to build Latino Network’s reputation and donor base
- Monitors and manages compliance with program delivery contracts
- Fosters a strong sense of partnership and integration between all departments
- Overseas Human Resources activities and directs staff
- Through actions and demeanor, creates a positive, productive office environment that promotes Latino Network culture and values daily
- Supervises the Development Director, HR Administrator, Operations Administrator, Finance Administrator and Data and Evaluation Administrator
- Collaborates with program directors and managers to continuously improve HR processes and policies, including compensation, recruitment and hiring, onboarding, and performance management; ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are protected
- Shares responsibility with the ED in coaching and mentoring staff, planning professional development opportunities, and building a cohesive organization; builds leadership and management capacity for the future
- Entrepreneurial and visionary team player with the ability to impact operations at both strategic and tactical levels; committed to the mission and values of Latino Network
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related area (advanced degree preferred)
- Five plus years of experience managing the financial operations for a non-profit, foundation, or business, including experience with budgeting, accounting, payroll/benefits, and financial reporting; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles for non-profits; strong MS Office skills, including advanced Excel skills
- Five plus years of progressive, hands-on experience managing the daily operations of a non-profit, foundation, or business. Experience should include operational and strategic planning, managing personnel, interfacing with Board of Directors
- Excellent management skills; able to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers; demonstrates leadership in a collaborative, inclusive team environment
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including the ability to interface with staff, board of directors, and community partners; fluency in Spanish desired
- Technologically savvy; experience working with IT professionals to find and create new efficiencies; collaborates with IT to develop and implement new processes and systems
- Self-reliant, resourceful, energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; demonstrates integrity, credibility, and commitment to Latino Network’s mission
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution
ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly work in the office and in the community as needed
- Evening and weekend availability may be required, and work hours are flexible to accommodate program implementation; long hours during peak periods.
- Reliable transportation required. Automobile, driver’s license, and automobile liability insurance preferred; must be eligible to be an insured driver under Latino Network’s Commercial Auto Liability (or become eligible within three months of date of hire).
- Undergoing and passing criminal background checks is required
Latino Network is a fast-paced, highly engaged work environment with satellite Operations within Multnomah County. We strive to communicate effectively and
respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. We actively seek opportunities for professional development for our staff and promote a willingness to change for continual improvement.
Latino Network provides a generous benefits package that includes 15 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, 10 paid holidays, employer-paid health coverage, and life insurance
Application review begins immediately. Open until filled. Submit a cover letter and resume to HR@latnet.org, or mail to 410 NE 18th Ave, Portland OR 97232. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the sheer number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Latino Network is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, women and people living with disabilities in our workplace and programs. We invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to this diversity.
For more information about Latino Network visit www.latnet.org or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/latnet.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.