Unid@s, Cohort II Selection0
Dear Community Members,
We are excited about selecting Cohort II for our Unid@s For Oregon program, and are still accepting nominations through August 2, 2013.
About Unid@s for Oregon:
Unid@s for Oregon strives to build a leadership framework that fosters cohesion, trust and relationships among leading individuals and organizations. In addition, the program links existing leadership initiatives, and builds capacity among local communities for a cohesive change movement.
Our vision is to foster an emerging culture of intergenerational, cross-regional, cross-sector and inter-ethnic collaboration that becomes a new norm for Latinos across the state.
Our goal is to advance the well being of Latinos through a unified statewide voice and presence in all levels of leadership.
The program develops and strengthens the following leadership skills:
- Political acumen and ability to influence civic institutions
- Intercultural and intergenerational communication
- Understanding mechanisms of oppression
- Conflict Resolution
- Community building
- Constructivist listening
- Shared leadership
Unid@s for Oregon is also committed to documenting our leadership history through the production of The Oregon Latin@ List ©
UNID@S Program Elements:
The Unid@s Cohort will kick-off with a reception on September 20th, and the program content will officially begin with a three-day retreat October 23-25, 2013. The Cohort will reconvene monthly for 6 additional sessions, and graduate in May 2014. All sessions will take place through out Oregon, as this is a statewide program. In addition, participants are expected to maintain communication and interaction via telephone and in-person or virtual small group sessions.
- September 20: Kickoff Reception
- October 23-25: Retreat
- November 15: Reconvening #1
- December 6: Reconvening #2
- January 10: Reconvening #3
- February 7: Reconvening #4
- March 7: Reconvening #5
- April 4: Reconvening #6
- May 3: Graduation
UNID@S participant qualifications:
- Be of Latin@ Heritage
- Reside in Oregon
- Attendance at all program days
- Must be leading in their community, region, faith-based institution, private, non-profit, government, or education sector
- Must have demonstrated a commitment to enhancing the status or well being of the Latino community through public advocacy, collaboration, private or personal persuasion, or through other leadership avenues
- Must have demonstrated active engagement in addressing equity issues within their environment
- Must have potential and/or ability to be a leverage point for systemic change within their institutions, sectors, and beyond
Unid@s for Oregon strives to have a balance representation of state regions, industry sectors, generational diversity, country of origin or heritage, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Cost per Participant: $6,000
Thanks to our funders and donors all accepted participants have program costs covered, including lodging for the retreat, and meals for all sessions. Mileage and optional extended hotel stays are reimbursed on a case-by-case basis, depending on distance traveled.
If you know engaged leaders throughout Oregon who should be nominated to be a part of the UNID@S class of 2013-14, please send us your nominations by August 2, 2013, and ask your nominees to save the dates. Nomination forms are available HERE.
A committee of Cohort I participants and other community leaders will be giving input for nominee selections in August. Finalists may be contact for an interview shortly after selections. All applicants who are accepted into the program will be notified by Friday, August 30th.
For more information please contact Edgar Ortega via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.283.6881
Thank you, and we look forward to receiving your nominations!