Unid@s, Cohort III Selection0
Dear Lideres and Community Members,
We are excited about selecting Cohort III for our Unid@s For Oregon program, and are still accepting nominations.
If you know engaged Latino leaders throughout Oregon who meet the qualifications and should be nominated to be a part of the UNID@S class of 2014-15, please send us your nominations by August 8, 2014, and ask your nominees to save the dates below. For more details and nomination forms click link below.
About Unid@s for Oregon:
Unid@s for Oregon strives to build a leadership framework that fosters cohesion, trust and relationships among leading individuals and organizations. In addition, the program links existing leadership initiatives, and builds capacity among local communities for a cohesive change movement.
The program develops and strengthens skills such as, political acumen and ability to influence civic institutions, conflict resolution, intercultural and intergenerational communication, and constructivist listening.
The Unid@s Cohort will kick-off with a reception on September 26th, and the program content will officially begin with a three-day retreat on October 22-24, 2014. The Cohort will reconvene monthly for 6 additional sessions (plus 3 bonus cross-cultural cohort sessions) in September then November through April, and graduate in May 2015. Sessions will take place throughout Oregon. In addition, participants are expected to maintain communication and interaction via telephone and in-person or virtual small group sessions.
• September 26: Kickoff Reception•
• September 27: Bonus Session A”Policy Advocacy & Racial Equity”
• October 6: Orientation Phone Calls
• October 22-24: Unid@s Retreat
• November 8: Bonus Session B “Legislative Training & Preparation for 2015″
• November 14: Reconvening #1
• December 5: Reconvening #2
• January 9: Reconvening #3
• February 20: Reconvening #4
• February 21: Bonus Session C “Cross Cultural Skills”
• March 6: Reconvening #5
• April 3: Reconvening #6
• May 2: Graduation
• Be of Latin@ Heritage
• Reside in Oregon
• Attendance at all program days
• Must be leading in their community, region, faith-based institution, private, non-profit, government, or education sector
• Must have demonstrated a commitment to enhancing the status or well being of the Latino community through public advocacy, collaboration, private or personal persuasion, or through other leadership avenues
• Must have demonstrated active engagement in addressing equity issues within their environment
• Must have potential and/or ability to be a leverage point for systemic change within their institutions, sectors, and beyond
Unid@s for Oregon strives to have a balance representation of state regions, industry sectors, generational diversity, country of origin or heritage, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Cost per Participant: $6,000
Thanks to our funders and donors all accepted participants have program costs covered, including lodging for the retreat, and meals for all sessions. Mileage and optional extended hotel stays are reimbursed on a case-by-case basis, depending on distance traveled.
If you know engaged leaders throughout Oregon who should be nominated to be a part of the UNID@S class of 2014-15, please send us your nominations by August 8, 2014, and ask your nominees to save the dates. Nomination forms are available HERE.
A committee of Cohort I participants and other community leaders will be giving input for nominee selections in August. Finalists may be contact for an interview shortly after selections. All applicants who are accepted into the program will be notified by Friday, August 29th.
For more information please contact Edgar Ortega via email at email@example.com or 503.283.6881
Thank you, and we look forward to receiving your nominations!